Friday, August 27, 2010

These are the Moments ...

Sometimes it is easy to become frustrated as a mother. It is easy to get lost in the laundry, dishes, diapers, and whining. Today, I had a project that I really wanted to complete during nap time. I put the kids down and was 15 minutes into my cleaning when Tyler woke up. My first instinct, honestly, was irritation. Doesn't my 15 month old know how much I need his nap time? I went and got him out of bed, gave him a drink, and sat in the rocking chair with him. He immediately cuddled up to me and within minutes we were both asleep.
Ken found us this way and took our picture. When I woke up, my irritation was gone. My cleaning project sat, hardly even started, but let's face it, my little boy is growing up and it won't be long until I can't cuddle up and take a nap with him. These are the moments that make me remember why I wanted to be a mother. Why I've sacrificed to be a mother. Why there is nothing else I'd rather be doing.

11 comments:

Wendy P said...

I love mom moments like this one. That is such a sweet picture. I love that Ken captured it for you. So cute!

Emily said...

Those are the moments...why are they just so hard to take sometimes? But when they happen (accidentally or not) they are the worth every second, if only all day could be filled with these moments!

Tucker Mom said...

You were always one to cuddle. Just a little cuddle muffin. Glad you took a nap with TY TY.

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

I love this post! Thanks for helping us all to remember those times! I'm sure we all need to hear it!

Rachelle said...

Thanks Kim. It's helps to be reminded that it will all be gone way too soon so we need to enjoy every moment we can.

Charlotte said...

You're absolutely right and it is a lesson I have to re-learn over and over.

andrea said...

Aw, now I can't wait to have a baby to snuggle with again! Luckily Addie is pretty cuddly, but Jace would rather not hold still. ever. How awesome Ken got the picture of you two!!

Abs said...

OoOohhh! That is so sweet. I'm seriously almost crying about it. I need to stop and have more moments like this!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Aww that's adorable! I'm glad he was able to get his nap in, one way or another! And I'm glad Mommy got a nap too!

Lindsey

Shalise said...

What a great thought for the day! I'm glad you had such a sweet napping buddy!

Boyer Family said...

What a perfect picture! So true, kids grow up way to fast.