Friday, May 1, 2009

Cowabunga, Dude!

Ken and I decided we'd better take advantage of the time we have left before another baby enters our home and had some people over to play our favorite 80's games! Luckily, we've done this before so we didn't have to worry too much about decorations or planning. Our biggest challenge was finding 80's maternity clothes and believe it or not, just by going through the costume room we came up with some! They were so rockin' I'll even gladly post the pictures! The winners got some great 80's prizes and the losers had to serenade us on karaoke with a favorite 80's song. The karaoke started to get out of control when the Village People came out singing "Macho Man", but amazingly Abe slept through that and a fantastic (if I say so myself) rendition of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"! Thanks to everyone who came, we had a blast to the past! Pretty sassy couple. Everyone came with awesome clothes and accesories. Levi's Magnum PI smile was killing me!Megan won the costume contest though with her amazing Bedazzled jean pants suit.

Girls having fun. The Village People

Hands off ladies! This one is my Macho Man!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

That looks like some totally awesome fun dude!! You guys throw the best parties!

Mom at Our House said...

What cool dudes you and your friends are!

I love that your friends play along a dress up. I don't know if I have friends that would dress up for me.

Gina said...

SO fun!

Earl & Girls said...

You guys look awesome. You have so much fun there. Good luck on the baby.

andrea said...

How fun!! If only we had costumes when we played the ultimate battle in El Paso. That would have made our victory even more sweet.

Tucker Mom said...

Looks like alot of fun. Glad you had fun.

Sandy said...

Yet another party I wish I was at!! I have a good costume, but Greg's is killer!! Some day...some day...that's my mantra and hope that some day we'll be able to plan parties together!!!

Abs said...

Thank goodness the 80s are over. Did people really dress like that? You guys are a ton of fun!

Charlotte said...

I was confused when you mentioned a costume winner. You mean this was some kind of dress up thing? I couldn't tell at first ... ;o)