Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday Fun!

Ken and I had a fun Saturday this past week. My good friend Amy and I had tickets to see Clark Howard live in Durham. As self pronounced Frugal Masters, we had to take advantage of the opportunity! Then, Ken won tickets to see the premiere of the new Star Trek movie from our local newspaper. Of course, the events overlapped, but luckily for us, Amy's husband graciously volunteered to let Abe come over and hang out with him and their boys while we were gone. Luckily for Amy's husband, it was right at naptime and Abe slept the whole time he was there! Ken and I both had a really great time at our events and it was a busy, but very fun Saturday! Ken wore this to pick up his friend who went to the movie with him, fortunately unfortunately it was too hot to wear the whole time. Live long and prosper!

This is the best shot of Clark I could get! He was so energetic and just a nice guy.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I love that Ken has a Trek shirt, I should have known though. I wish Bryan was more in to star trek so that I could go see the movie and blame it on him. So jealous that you got to go see Clark, I love his show.

Tucker Mom said...

I have heard of Clark Howard but why would you want to go to his show? What does he have to offer that you would pay money for? Did Ken like the movie. I know we will see it as soon as it comes out in the theaters. Dad is a trekkie.

Sandy said...

Ken...I love it!!

andrea said...

I can't let Barlow see Ken's outfit- he just informed me at dinner that he wants us all to be Star Trek people for Halloween this year. Uh, yeah, not gonna happen.

Wendy P said...

I am very impressed with the costume, and a sort of self porclaimed trekie. sounds like a fun weekend. I am pregnant again. I put it in a criptic (can't spell) post called "eater egg hunt" I was being tricky. How is your pregnancy going? You are due soon right?

Charlotte said...

What a perfect Saturday. Mom is crazy if she doesn't understand the coolness of seeing Clark Howard. I quote him all the time. Also, Andrea, I was thinking of Star Trek for Halloween, too. It would be awesome! We haven't seen the movie yet, but will at the 1st oppurtunity.