Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happy 3 Months Rex!!

I know it is totally cliche, but I can't believe my baby is 3 months old! Rex is such a sweet tempered and mild mannered boy. He rarely cries and only does when something is really wrong. He's sleeping 8-10 hours at night with a 2-3 hour nap in the morning and 2 - 1 hour naps in the afternoon. He's started smiling all the time and his brothers love to make him smile. Actually his brothers love him to death, they are constantly all over him and smother him with hugs and kisses. He is a spitter and goes through numerous bibs and burp cloths everyday. He is very determined to be a thumb sucker, but we are trying our best to get him on a pacifier instead.I posted the next picture because you can get a good look at his eyes. Since his surgery his pupils are always dilated differently and it is kinda funky looking.
It wouldn't be right to not post a patch picture since he wears it for 4 hours a day. We patch his good eye so his bad eye will become strong. We've seen him start tracking and his eyes move together much more often. He's gone from 9 drops a day down to 2. The contact is a bit of a struggle. We have to remove it once a week to soak overnight. The first time I had to do it I failed and had to go back to Duke for a tutorial. Now I've done it twice at home and basically I still suck, but I'm working on it. It takes me a few tries to get out, but has taken me almost an hour each time to get it back in. Rex is such a trooper through it all. We head back to his doctor on Dec 6th to see how his eye is doing.


We love you Rexy!! Happy 3 Months!

No comments: