Friday, June 13, 2008

The Target Legend

So, I have several blogs I like to visit that help me find deals and coupons etc. I had read on several of those blogs the following Target legend:

In the juice section, Target sells 15 packs of Minute Maid juice for $4.29.
Sometimes you'll find a 10 pack mixed in with the fifteen packs. No one knows
how it got there or why it is there, but if you are lucky enough to find a 10
pack, snatch it up because it will ring up for only $0.69!!!
Well, this story seemed pretty fishy to me, but after reading it on several blogs, I would walk pass the juice section in Target when I went...just in case. A few weeks ago, as I walked past, I looked down and low and behold there was a 10 pack of juice!! My heart started racing. I picked it up and then continued walking and deliberated. Do I buy it? What if it rings up for more than $0.69? What should I do? I finally decided it was worth the risk and I brought the juice up to the front with my other purchases. As the clerk scanned my items in, I got nervous as the juice came up and then, she scanned it, and (drum roll) it was only $0.69!! I couldn't believe it!! Since then I have found 3 more of those elusive 10 packs! It is nice because the juice doesn't expire until the begining of next year and Abe will surely be drinking it by then! So, next time you are in Target, it might be worth your while to stroll down the juice aisle!

11 comments:

Gina said...

NO way! I haven't read that before...I will definitely take a look!

Rachelle said...

If it was anyone but you writing that I would not have believed it. Wierd... but cool.

Brenda said...

Every time Bryan reads your blog with me he starts telling me to get on the ball and figure out how to get those CVS type deals here at wallgreens. It eats him up inside knowing that those kind of deals are out there and we are not getting them! (no CVS for us within 200 miles)

Emily said...

I have too heard the myth. It is nice to hear it confirmed from a reliable source. I am not going to totally look for them!!!

andrea said...

Noooooooo! I was just at Target yesterday and I didn't know to look!!!!!! You'd better bet I will be checking every time I am at Target. That's awesome!

Brenda said...

we were at target last night and no luck, only the 15 packs:(

Boyer Family said...

Brenda I just started doing deals at Walgreens along with CVS. Fun, fun, fun!

Rachel said...

I haven't heard that one...I am going to check the next time I am out! Hopefully I am the only one around here who has heard it and the 10 packs are all mine!! Thanks for the heads up...you are amazing!

Charlotte said...

I bet the deal only works for those with a green thumb- the ones who can sniff a good deal from miles away. If I tried, it would probably ring up as the 15 price.

Jo said...

I found one yesterday! $0.69!!!
I scanned it at the price checker to make sure I had the right one. I did! But, there was only one in the whole section (believe me, I checked!) Thanks for the tip!

Brenda said...

I FOUND 2 OF THEM!!!! We have been checking everytime we are at Target and they have never had anything but the 15 packs. Then last night we were there and low and behold there it was.....a 10 pack!! I was SO excited, then we found the other one!!! Our kids were confused as to why we only wanted 10 instead of 15, but it actually rang up as $.69! Thanks for the heads up!